AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyyo,

Nice madhouse, nice. That PSU is definately strong enough to handle anything ya throw into the case, lol. By any chance do ya know the brand on the PSU? Cause there are some bad PSU brands out there, so ya have to be careful. It should be under warranty for like a couple months to a year, so if it craps out on ya bring it to the store n' ask for one that doesn't suck. ;)

ThE_MarD - to be honest I'm not sure what brand the PSU is. However, being a Mesh Computers system it's gonna be a decent brand because they're been voted No.1 in numerous PC mags for their systems. And don't worry, I've taken out the extended warranty on the system just in case ;)

the mesh one is the best one out of all of them, no contest. and the psu, if its a mesh the psu has to be good

i would have to say AMD. because i run it. AMD's have slower clockspeeds, and run hotter, but they are considered better for gaming. if you are really seriosu, you can grab the new FX-57 Athlon 64 for around 1k. but like i said, they run hot, so get ready to have a better cooling solution than a CPU fan only. think about getting more casefans and think about how the air will flow.

I don't think he^^^ realizes that the tread really deviated from AMD vs. Pent***. Even though clearly AMD's are better... It's a proven fact. :) No, the new generations of Athlon 64's run cooler than the current version of P4 Prescott cores. Thanks to a nice core we like to call Venice! Also, San Diego is our friend.

Ryan

GuitarFreak1857 said:
Firefox rules!

except it is hell of slow and makes you shoot your computer and go like "screw this" and walk away and do something else... :p

Heyyo,

Slow? lmao. What kindof cpu you have man? *checks your sig* ah, a 2500+. Not too bad, but it is the bottleneck of your system, especially with a 6600GT vidcard. If you went up to a 3000+ you'd easily get 10-15F/S extra on any game man.

Anywho, I think firefox runs fine. Maybe 1-5 seconds slower than Internet Exploiter, but for no spyware on your comp, I say it's easily worth it. I'm never using IE unless I have absolutely no choice and I feel like risking it.

pc_boy said:
except it is hell of slow and makes you shoot your computer and go like "screw this" and walk away and do something else... :p
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49238&highlight=speed+up+firefox

Originally posted by FghtinIrshNvrDi
I don't think he^^^ realizes that the tread really deviated from AMD vs. Pent***. Even though clearly AMD's are better... It's a proven fact. :) No, the new generations of Athlon 64's run cooler than the current version of P4 Prescott cores. Thanks to a nice core we like to call Venice! Also, San Diego is our friend.

Ryan

that's almost right, but it's not because of the Venice that Athlon 64's run cool, Athlon 64's always did before the Venice. although the Venice is still really nice. (especially overclocking)
Athlon XP's were the ones that ran hot.

and San Diego = Venice with extra 512kb L2 cache (total 1MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom