boot up error (s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

katgrrl27

Baseband Member
im at a lost... i dont know what happened to my pc. granted its old and not that great anyways but would still like to be able to boot it up.

ok here's what happened...

was using it one day.. pissed some guy off and he said he that he was gonna "**** my computer". i laughed and was like whatever.. nothing happened. stupid me, i left my computer on all night.. i woke up in the morning.. turned the monitor on and i had some weird blue screen error on there.. i rebooted and sure enough i couldnt get booted up. it would boot and say it didnt shut down right and if i wnated to reboot in safe mode. i said no, normal mode and it would just keep restarting itself. so i tried safe mode and it would boot into safe mode. but i didnt know what i could do from there so i thought id just boot from cdrom and put windows 2000 on there, currently has ME. but when i tried to boot from cd i got this error "CDBOOT: cannot boot from CD- Code: 5"

any ideas??? what do i do now. i dont know if something just failed since its so old and wha tnot. or if someone could have actually gotten into my computer and ****ed something up.

any ideas id like to hear.. thank you so much

HAHA! It sounded like maybe he did screw your computer. What did you do?

There is not much you can do when an ME machine goes bad, and it is almost inevitable because of how much ME sucks. All you can really do is save your files, and reinstall Windows. This time, put on 2000.

lol yeah that thought crossed my mind , which i dont really care cuz that box ovbiously is a pos. but id like to be able to boot it if i wanted to use it. so yeah i was gonna load 2000 on it but i cant get the cdrom to work. i dont know what that error means and how to get it fixed.

btw.. dont piss of a person and get them kicked outta a pool lg, they dont like that lol.

So it wont boot from ANY cd? I'm thinking it may be your CD rom drive. Try swapping that out and see if anything happens.

yeah i could do that.. but everything was working before that night.. i guess could he have done something to **** up my cdrom ? i mean enough to wear it wont work?

Not that I've ever heard of. Perhaps he wrote a virus that fried your CD rom... Entirely possible. Either that, or it was a coincidence, those are a thing too.

Swap out the CD rom and see if that remedys your problem.

hmmm i just might have to. cant see this guy being that computer savvy thought to do all this.. i mean hes a farmer dude lol .. i will try to switch it out and see what happens. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom