Dual Monitor Wallpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
I downloaded some Dual monitor wallapapers from Deviantart and i need to know how to set it up correctly.

Currently it shows the same wallpaper on both monitors but what it should do is show half the wallpaper on one, and half on the other.

Please Help

Thanks
Wayne

Thats a setting you need to change on your video card. On my Nvidia, I can go in and select the option that will stretch my desktop across both screens as if it were on screen. One thing I dont like like about it, it stretches your taskbar all the way across your screen.

Do you want Dual View or Stretch? Stretch just stretches the screen over the two monitors, and dual view gives you two different views on your computer.

Currently i have it so it extends my Windows Desktop onto the other monitor so i can put programs like msn or whatever on the other monitor. But the wallpaper is duplicated on both monitors.

I believe thats the only way to do it with DualView.

You'd have to go to Horizontal Span mode to use dual monitor wallpapers, which is, in my opinion, a crappy mode.

I hate spanned, but yes, I think you can only have duplicate wallpapers, though I'm not completely sure. I imagine you could get a third party program to fix it, or maybe NVidia has something, but I'm not sure. When I hook up my computer, I will try and play with that, but I think you have it the only way you can.

I came across this program called Ultramon which does the job fantasticly. However it costs a bit.

Oh, you know what? I read an article a little while ago telling you how to build crazy systems. Showed you how to build a computer with 5 monitors (yes, 5) and use some top of the line program and stuff. It was cool. I forget what the name of it was, Taiwan something I believe, dont remember. I will try and find it.

Just get a computer with 5 pci slots and a AGP. Get your good GPU in the AGP port (like a 6600 or 6800gT) and fill the rest of the slots with Radeon 7500's or Geforce 2's then you have the capability of 10 or more monitors.

That setup can cause ugly driver confilicts, but it would be very cool. I beleive that if you use photoshop or somethign similar to edit your image to the size of your dual monitors (ire if you have 2 1024x768 displays, make you edited wallpaper 2048x768. Once you have it scaled (if you have monitors of different resolutions, then edit in a black bar where there is "no" monitor coverage (look at the display orientation in the display settings to see if you need to worry about it. Anyway, once you have the image scaled, set it as you background and set it to "tile" or "center." I have not yet tried this myself, but have heard that it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom