System Performance Degrade over time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatwad1337

Beta member
Im at my wits end, Ive been trying to trouble shoot the problem for a month with no success, you can see my pc stats in signature.

I play World of Warcraft, When the game/systems starts up it runs like a dream. very very smooth. over time (a few hours of play) the system will begin to lose performance, start running very slowing and eventually just lock up so I have to do a Hard Restart. Once the system is booted back up again it works great, then repeats the same performance pattern.

Im rather certain its not a heating issue. I do have the PC overclocked upto 2.1GHz, but its always ran that way and ran fine. there plenty of fans to cool it.

I did find on article on this problem and its on microsofts website. although this problem is listed on Win2000 and I use WxPHome.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;263939

Theres gotta be someone out there who can help me.

Thanks everyone,
Zac

Yes PC's get worse overtime and people recommend a reformate to make it "brand new" again.

a I left out, reformatted it last week, only thing on the system is the game, windows updates, drivers, things of that nature. and it acted the same way before I reformatted too.

Well all software is "perfect" after a reformate and you set up your drivers it seems like your PC is abit old if you overclocked it to 2.1 Ghz. Is the game you are trying to play brand new it may be too powerfull for your PC?

the cpu factory recommended frequencey exceeds the games preferred cpu speed. this pc is in everyway more then capable of running this game flawlessly, Which it does, the problem has to be either OS, Drivers, MoBo or HDD.

Try defragging, see what happens, and post the results. You may have fried something, or something is ssslowly frying itself. That happened to me, my motherboard fried, and it got consistently slower. Until one day, it was so slow, that when I booted up and ran notepad an typed a sentance, I could finish, look up, and watch it SLOOOWLY start to appear... Letter, by, letter.

This is most insulting to have suggestions that are taught in PC Basics 101.

I built this PC im pretty sure i know how to defrag, set system bios, reformat, disk cleanup, monitor memory usage, CPU temps, ect.

Thank you for your time.

Meatwad1337 said:
This is most insulting to have suggestions that are taught in PC Basics 101.

I built this PC im pretty sure i know how to defrag, set system bios, reformat, disk cleanup, monitor memory usage, CPU temps, ect.

Thank you for your time.

Screw you asshole. You asked for help, we recommended thigns, and when it is not what you want to hear, you say it is insulting? F*ck you, go pay some dlck $70 an hr. to fix it.

Jackass

Him said:
Screw you asshole. You asked for help, we recommended thigns, and when it is not what you want to hear, you say it is insulting? F*ck you, go pay some dlck $70 an hr. to fix it.

Jackass

WoW someone dosen't like what you say and you flip :rolleyes: Look's like you starting to show your real color's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom