If I wanted to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianxballer

In Runtime
use my projection TV as my monitor, what would be the highest quality cable to use? VGA, RGB, DVI? I would like to play games on my TV using my new gaming PC. Thank you.

most cards have S-video and I think it can display hi-definition.

If your TV has a DVI input, then that would be the best.

persianxballer said:
What about RGB? Someone told me that RGB is very high quality.
AKA Component. I doubt your video card has component out, so most likely yeah, DVI is your best bet. A lot of HDTV's have DVI in so....

You then might need to do some configuration to make sure your getting HD through to the TV. It is a HDTV right?

Heyyo,

Hmm, RGB? I think it can do 1024x768. Isin't that was the $box uses for high def? Infact, ain't it the only way most consoles work anywho? lol. It's probaby the cheapest method of achieving high def, probably not the best, but definately a good solution, most common for sure.

Anywho, it really depends on your Projector man, check what rez it's capable of. You could always try more, but odds are it wouldn't work. I know if ya plugged from the comp to the tv and go above 512x480 onna S-video cable, it'll work, but it'll be a very bad sight for the eyes.

[EDIT]
It's defiantely possible man, lots of people have done it. This hea's a cool pic:

http://www.planethalflife.com/potd/index.asp?id=438897

the ONLY way to truly play NS. gg. ;)

[EDIT2]
Oh, and I'm sure you can buy a s-video to rgb cable, or converter.

I say, just use VGA man. It does high rez, works great. DVI only shows huge improvement on tvs really since no tv's support VGA. RGB ain't any better than VGA anywho.

You can play games on a TV with a S-cable connected to your TV. You just have to change the Display Device Settings. Set your TV as the Primary and your Monitor as the Secondary. When your game launches in full screen it will be displayed on your TV.

Warning: Quality sucks... But, it can be done.

the quality doesnt suck if u have a nice tv which i beleive he does. S-video will work great for you or DVI anyone you can use. DVI over S-video. but try all them out if u want, since things are different for everyone.

isnt rgb and composite the same thing? try using the svideo bro. i did and it worked nice, you might have to play around with the setting a little bit. no hard work though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom