usb goes dead after wake-up from stdby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

radguy

Baseband Member
I have a custom built computer using a CP technology i865 motherboard and a p4 2.66 with ht. Whenever i put the computer in standby, save to ram or the other version, after it wakes up USB devices do not work. i have to restart the computer to get the usb items to work. how do i fix this?

good luck trying to find documentation about the mobo.........

I have the same problem with a maxtor external drive and a sandisk mem card reader. If I shutdown to stand by I would have to unplug and plug everything back in. When I shut down I turn off, don't use standby anymore. I emailed maxtor once and sorry but I can't remember for the life of me the reason why it does this. Hopefully someone else will know the answer.

Try this
My computer, properties, hardware, device manager,usb controllers, double click usb root hub, power management, uncheck allow this device to be turned off to save power box, click ok, go into standyby and come back and see if the usb works.

if that didn't work.....stop using standby?:p but seriously, i thought my plan would work, sorry man :(

in my bios for standby it gives me the option to choose between those two modes, and in either mode the usb is dead after waking. I am on windows xp. where would i find an update for my bios? My motherboard is made in tawain and i found the website for the producer, and they have download for this board do not explain what the downloads are. Manufacturer Website Board is i865APE

BTW this is the first computer i have built... do u think the problem is due to an error i might have made?

MicroBell said:
The latest bios version for that board is "865mp138.bin" (Version 138).

Wouldnt my most recent bios version be the 865ap241.bin??? My mainboard is i865APE

Also, to flash this bios, should i use the software that came with my board?? It came with an assortment of software, including software to overclock(but i use bios for that cuz software overclcking doesnt work as well), fan rpm monitoring, cpu and sytem temp monitoring, software to change the boot logo, and software to flash the bios. or should i use the awdflash at the website?

OMFG I AM THE LUCKIEST MAN ON EARTH!!!! I updated my bios, which btw fixed my problem, and literally 10 seconds after it finished flashing the bios, the power went out!!! Imagine what wouldve happened wih a power failure in the middle of the flash process!
But thank you verrrrrryyyyy much MicroBell even though you told me to get the wrong update bios, (rofl) but i figured out which one i needed, and it also fixed a major problem i had before, the computer would never stay off, oncei shut down it booted back up again. But now alllllll my problems are gone!!!!! Thank youuuuuuu!

-Very Happy Gamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom