Where does this go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDGreen92086

In Runtime
Okay, there is a small round tire like metallic looking thing that came with.... my case... i think. My dad says he was at work looking at a board for a welder and saw that a similiar round tire like thing, had 2 orange wires going around it. He says its a resistor like thing, but I need to know what this is if it will help protect my pc or whatever. Thanks

That is for reducing electric interference, just leave it where it is. Does it have some sort of jumper wire or power wires running through it? It may be called a choke, I'm not sure. Is it black, kinda feels like graphite? Very light?

exactly what /\ said. Was it attached to anything, or was it just sittin in the case? I havnt ever heard of a pc come with an extra part like that. I lot of cables have little box lookin things that you clamp on the end of them near the plug, they serve the same purpose

Him said:
Does it have some sort of jumper wire or power wires running through it? It may be called a choke, I'm not sure. Is it black, kinda feels like graphite? Very light?

Nothing running through it, its just sitting in the plastic baggy in a box. Yes it is black, light and it feels like graphite. Looks like a tire and its what you said. Hmm.... So does it matter if I put it wherever it goes? And even if it doesnt matter, I'd still like to know where it goes and what not. Thanks.

Those usually go on the jumper wires going to the front panel connectors (power button, reset, etc...) and it is usually in the middle of the line. I dont think it's big enough to go over any other wires. I've seen cases come with extra ones, for what, I dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom