Professional or X64?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ment to say the drivers are in Beta making it a pain to configure and yes I am sure my Yamaha AX-AG sound card isn't support and I'm sure that my multi media flash/floppy device is not supported. I'm sure my printer is not supported. My chipset probably isn't even supported.

Point is that alot of drivers for 64 bit are in beta and by the time vista comes they will be ready for the masses. That is why you should think of XP x64 as a transition OS.

You're sure yet you don't even use it?

Give me a break.

Unless you're running some really odd hardware, you're generally covered.

*** All nVidia Video Cards are currently supported
*** Most Creative Cards are currently supported
*** All ATI Video Cards are currently supported (even AiW)
*** Most onboard NICs are currently supported (Intel/Broadcom/etc)
*** Almost all past and present nVidia, VIA, and Intel chipsets are currently supported
*** Most/all generic USB devices (thumb drives, flash card readers, digital cameras, etc) are currently supported

And most importantly

>>> Any driver that came "in box" in Windows XP Pro has an "in box" driver in XP x64 <<<

My games work, my joystick works, my Logitech USB microphone works, my APC BackUPS 1500VA works, my digital cameras all work, my USB mice all work, etc etc.

The *ONLY* piece of hardware I am currently using that doesn't work is my Samsung ML-1740 printer. And those drivers are coming very soon. (However Samsung printers that have a driver by default in WinXP Pro have an "in box" driver)

Bottom line is, why don't you leave it to people who actually run X64 to weigh in before you all blindly pass judgement on it. There are plenty of people on this forum who are running it, and most people who run it think its great, including me.

Not to mention, XP x64 drivers are going to be compatible with Windows Vista. So, now with all the Betas out there, x64 drivers are going to be appearing like crazy. And no waiting until 2006 and paying through the nose for a brand new OS.

GuitarFreak1857 said:
what is windows vista???

LMFAO is the newest editon to what windows is making udde its been all over here there are threads and one sticky from this Vista thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom