lNF4 LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gate9

Baseband Member
It is always the easy stuff that is difficult. I have a stack of manuals, but no explicit directions for mounting the motherboard to the Case. The board has seated to the case with those mounting screws. (One short). Only two copper screws to secure the board to the case. DoesnÂ’t seem solid and can lift. What are those plastic thumbscrews for? Needless to say, i am a newbee and tolerance with my lack of confidence is greatly appreciated..

well i think the best way it scres because i have tried those plastic things and they bend ezily
u should have at least 5 or 6 screws to hold the board in thought so u gotta get more
or u can try the plastic things with my case i screwed them into the case itself the place the mobo into then but it didnt work to good for me but try it if u want

"You tried those plastic things", what do you mean! What are they for? I didn't use them at all. The board is quite secure after all components are installed, but it still seems that the MO isn't as tight as I would imagine. At high operating speeds I imagine there will be some vibration, and that can't be good. Additionally, are there spacers that I forgot to use? Gosh, I am thinking once I get this all together then I am going to be afraid to fire it up. Operative word being fired up as in fried. Anyone know where I can go to get 1 2 3 easy to view diagram of wiring a computer for dummies?

There seems to be 2 situations when mounting a mobo to a case:

1) The case has little raised mounds with screw holes in them to mount the mobo directly onto. With this situation, just line up the mobo to the raised holes and screw it in.

2) The case lacks the raised mounds and requires the little brass-looking screws that have a hole on the back of them (dammit, I can never remember their name). If thats the case, then line up the brass things to the holes on the mobo and screw them into the case. After screwing the brass things onto the case, then screw the mobo onto the brass things.

If you dont have enough screws, then you should go to your local computer shop and pick some up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom