(first built)Computer Shorting Out HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

Baseband Member
Hey, I'm new to building computers, and I'm building my first one now. Well, I got everything I need to build it and well I turn it on and the fans go for like 2 secs n go off and than i looked at the forums n saw that the mobo needed spacers...well i put the spacers in and i still cant get it to run and now the fans run for bout 5secs a little longer..i am going crazy here not knowning what to do i need help plz i have no clue whats going on ive been working on building this computer for the last 3 days! HELP

also i know people told me bout the f-panel, not hooking up right i got that wired perfect but it keeps shorting out plz help

Look around your motherboard, find out where it is touching the case, and put something non-conductive there. Anything will do like a tissue.

The mobo is not touching the case at all ive checked that many times and nothing else is touching it! any other advice?

motherboard speaker? srry new with comps i just took the mobo out now to check again for the 10th time didnt do much...

It probally won't be on your motherboard, but on your case. There will be two wires coming out from it to connect to your motherboard by where you plugged the on/off button.

Also can you list your specs.

what wires the - and +? I just bought a AMD +3000 Socket 939, With a gigabyte k8 triton board, and u know the usual stuff gig of ram vid card n sound card.. so i just took this thing apart it aint touching nothing i boot it up runs for 4secs n stops wtf! help!

okay...what wires u talking bout man the f panel wires? like the power sw ....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom