windows xp networking for Internet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

drrajiv_sri

Solid State Member
windows xp networking for Internet problem... please help me

I have one computer connected on internet through DSL. computer has IP as 203.200.112.218. I have plugged another LAN card which in turn i have connected to a switch. i am trying to connect another computers through this switch, by using ip address of ranges 168.x.0.1 & when failed i tried ranges of 169.x.0.0. although other features of network like disk & printer sharing is working properly but, internet is not accessed from other computers. which range of ip addresses i should give. or any thing else i should try. this network i made after running network wizard of
xp by trying 1st & 2nd option which askes use internet from this computer & other computers from this computer. solutions will be accepted greatefully.

drrrs

If you are using Internet connection sharing the computers that are not directly connected to the DSL line, e.g. through the switch have to get their ip addresses through DHCP.
Starting ICS on the DSL machine automatically starts a DHCP server on that box and it will then assign addresses to your other machines. This is a requirement for ICS to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom