AMD2500+ problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slinker56

Beta member
I was reading some of the posts that people have previously posted and noticed something strange. Everyone that is overclocking their AMD 2500+ processors always asks if their CPU is too hot, and it is around 40C or so.

I had an AMD 2400+ which would run around 56C or so, and I recently upgraded to an AMD 2500+ which runs at 50C. I haven't overclocked either processors, but was about to overclock the 2500+. I was wondering if it is strange that my processor runs at such a high heat.

Also, if that heat is too high, does anybody have any suggestions for a new heatsink? I'm currently using the heatsink that comes with the retail 2500+. I just built this system a week or two back, and haven't had the time to tweek it, or OC it yet, so I'm still getting it nice. I would appreciate any feedback.

no i use the stock heatsink/ fan, it is pretty good. your problem is probably you used some cheap thermal paste probably the packet that came with your motherboard. spend $7 on artic silver white ceramique paste and you will notice a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom