Can't get into Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

davebee123

Baseband Member
OK this is my first build so I'm new to this. I have an Asus P5LD2 mobo, P4 3.2 CPU, 2-250 MB SATA Hds, MSI 6600GT PCI-E Video card, SATA DVD burner, 2-512 MB DDR2. Not sure if all the info is relevant but that's it.
Here's what I have done.
Started the Comp everything was fine, entered the Bios configured it from IDE to SATA and Raid, went to Raid config and created a Raid 0 stripe 128kb. The OS instructions weren't very clear to me as to when to load the OS, like (shut down insert CD then reboot?, insert CD while the comp is up?) So I inserted the CD while up and it started loading drivers and such and then I got the dreaded blue screen. I shut down, rebooted and got these colored verticle lines on my screen. I removed the CD and got back into the Bios and changed the boot order to DVD Rom first. I rebooted with the XP Pro CD in and it began to load. I got the same blue screen. I went back in the Bios and deleted the Raid Array and changed the boot order to Floppy, HD then DVD Rom. Now I can't even get into my bios!! Arggg!! I hit delete at startup and it says entering Bios and then loads all the stuff and goes to a black screen with the Intel Corp copyright stuff. Can anyone Please help!! What have I done? How do I get into the Bios? Should I have loaded the OS before the Raid Config? Any replies would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

By some act of God it came up. It took forever but I am now able to get into the bios. Can anyone tell me where to go from here? I want a Raid 0 and to load the OS. What is the procedure, (raid 1st then OS? Does boot order matter?.) Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom