In a little bit of a debate :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for clarity, if you are using water cooling, you damn well better be prepared to put it together and take it apart. You have to empty and change the coolant in the loop every six months and should probably know what to do in the event of a leak.

I have assembled a loop numerous times now and dealt with a leak. It is fairly simple if you are patient and go through all the procedures and double check what you are doing. If you have experience building a PC it's not very difficult, you really just screw on some blocks and attach some hoses and fill it with water

Dude, you don't need a lot of fans. First of all do you plan on overclocking? I'm assuming the answer is "no" since you have not said otherwise. In that case, like the guy said, if you want to be safe, buy a nother fan or 2 and be happy with it. You don't need to run your computer at 10*C unless you're overclocking.

If you ARE overclocking, then you should get additional fans, and a heatsink. If you're experienced with a water-cooling system, then get that, but you only need that for extreme overclocking in which you threaten to damage the hardware. If you plan on overclocking, but are not experienced in watercooling, get a professional to do it.

OC'ing has its advantages and disadvantages. It can make a low-end processor run like a high-end processor. Some time ago, you could overclock a Athlon 64 2500+ to the speed of a 3200+. The 3200+ was 4 times as expensive at the time...

Disadvantage is that it can ruin your hardware if done wrong, it voids the manufacturer's warranty, and some other disadvantages such as you might end up spending more money trying to keep your oc'ed system cool, than you would to purchase the processor.

ROFL. Hell yea thats fast enough. In your case, you can overclock that to very very fast speeds, depending on your core. You might be able to achieve speeds that are at the cutting edge of PC processor speeds. Whats the GHz on that processor? Fastest PC processor AMDs come out with is the brand new FX-57 I think, and its 3.0 Ghz. If you can OC ur processor to 3.0, you have a processor equal to another worth $1000+ right there. That is, if you do it right, and don't ruin what you already have in the process, lol.

Tech Spec
Core Toledo
Name Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Operating Frequency 2.2GHz
FSB 1GHz
L1 Cache 64KB+64KB
L2 Cache 2 x 1MB
Process Type 90 nm
Hyper-Transport Support Yes

Toledo...*drools*. Very impressive. I don't think you can Overclock that as much as a Venice though, You should get to 2.5-2.8 maybe. Word of caution - You'll have to deal with a substantial power consumption and heat dump with the Toledo, not optimal for OC'ing.

Watercooling is sounding very nice for you right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom