New computer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB

Solid State Member
I am trying to hook my computer up to the Internet through a LAN connector that came on the motherboard. I keep getting a message that it won't work because there is no driver for it. I don't have any software for it because it was already on my motherboard. What do I need to do?

Thanks,
Greg

who is your broadband provider?....go into your device manager and see if your computer recognizes the lan connector....if its a prefabed computer it should already have the driver.

Is the "LAN connector that came on the motherboard" an actual NIC that is on the motherboard? Or are you talking about an onboard LAN connector? If it's onboard, then you will have to find the driver. Normally the mobo will come with a CD that will have various drivers on it, you will just have to put it in the drive, and click on it, and it should work fine.

If you don't have the CD that the motherboard came with, you should be able to find it on the vendor's site. Go to the website of the company that made the motherboard, and see if you can find the drivers for it. If they're not on the website, then you can always try google to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom