Need Your Help Nubius

Status
Not open for further replies.
ummm I'm pretty sure 2 leadtek 6800gts or ultras will only fit in the asus sli board. all the other boards have the slots too close together to fit both of them. can you possibly look into getting a different brand card, with a less-huge heatsink?

ok well heres whats going on i might be getting another 6800 after this 6800 to sli but i might just go to a 7800 gtx what do you guys think. Get one 6800 now thatll fit two in the future or get one 6800 and get a 7800 later

scratch that, just checked and they will indeed fit in the dfi board. no worries; just dont get an msi board, as they will not fit there.

Pepsiboy700 said:
is it worth running two 6800 gt's or one 7800 or just one 6800gt

They get very simular 3D Mark score....

Dell's favorite 3D benchmark, 3Dmark05 will score 7600 on a non-overclocked machine, while two cards in SLI can get 11200. Although we all kind of expected more, itÂ’s a nice score. And SLI could kind of provide even more.

Two 6800 Ultras from Gainward clocked at 425MHz can score 10200 - just a thousand less than two super-duper 7800 GTX cards. So whoever launched the story claiming a 7800 score for Geforce 7800 GTX was not too off at all, even if the name comes from Nvidia's proven naming nomenclature.

what would happen if you tried to sli a 6800gt and a 7800 gtx and anyway what should i do 2x 6800 gt's (one now one later) or one 6800 gt now and one 7800 gtx later(probably by christmas)

they're two totally different vid cards, i'm not sure if that would work because of the shape and size difference and plus if u did SLi the link might not work since they're different vid cards. plus two different drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom