Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0mmun1st4lyf3

In Runtime
i got a AMD ATHLON 64 3200+ with a mother board ECS 755 A2 754 socket. im not sure what case to get, can someone find me a case with around 450 watt power suply for 20-30 dollars with no shipping, a monitor around 100 dollars

Can you do it yourself? If you want the PSU included you should get an Antec or Thermaltake case. A 17" CRT monitor will be around $100.

A case for $30 with a PSU will be crap, and will not be good. It will use cheap thin steel, which you will cut your self on, and it will happen due to being so small, the PSU will be generic, and un stable power delivery, you will not see the rated wattage, and the amps on the 12v will be a peak, and will be low.

ECS are not a great company, expect no overclocking ability, but are OK(ish) for a standard board.

What GPU you getting?

http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

Remember that is for a good PSU (non generic, ones that cost around the $80 mark or above) and you have to add about 50watts to that as well. And then you got to take into consideration that a generic PSU never gives its rated wattage or amp's in a real world enviroment.

Yes the 450watts would run it, but at the cost of it not being good quality, and it is un stable - may cause random restarts, their life span is not as long as a good PSU, and when they go they can take out your whole system, or give out a bright flash, and pour out smoke until you turn it off. It is not worth getting a generic PSU.

Like Trifid said, if you get a case with a PSU already in it, the PSU will likely fry in a very short time span. Your better off to shell out the extra $60 and buy a seperate PSU that will last and run smoothly. I have a Thermal Take PSU right now which I purchased from newegg ( www.newegg.com ) for around $60. It's 430 watts and runs my setup great and is virtually silent. Even if you have to save and wait a little longer, buy a seperate PSU.-

::-Chase-::

aw i see what you mean, my CPU comes with a 3 year warrenty =P and im broke.. but if it's really THAT BAD then i should consider a separate buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom