System Shutdown Virus...Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipa66

Baseband Member
I had to reinstall windows and now the "System Shutdown " virus that was around last Summer is plaguing me. I'm trying to update my XP but there are so many of them and my system kkeeps crashing before I can eliminate it. Does anyone know what specific update I need to use or how I can get rid of it? Aaaaaaaagh!!!!

In order to gain extra time to download the patch hit ctrl+alt+delete and click the tab that says processes. Look for file called msblast and end that process. That should give you some extra time

Anyone know the commonly used name of this particular affliction so that I can do some searching for a fix?

see if there is any .exe file with blast or msblast or anything like that in its name, search your computer for it. It might help.
Last summer I had to reformat my computer twice because of it lol :(

U have to change the RPC service settings to stop the comp from shutting down before u can download the patch
>> Go to control panel, admin tool, services,
>> Double click on RPC Remore Procedure Call from the list
>> click on the recovery tab and change the options that say "restart the computer" to "take no action", apply
>> Now connect the internet, download the Stinger utility from Network Associates website and the ms update (823980)
>> Disconnect, run the tool and then install the patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom