Microsoft ''Genuine Advantage'' cracked in 24 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know, but if the prices of Windows XP was like, $40 bucks (Australian) who would care about pirating it and risk getting bammed.

yeah price is crazy, i have 4 pc lan. 4 pc lan with 4 copies of xp pro = $500. thats nuts.

even if windows was $20 people would still try to get it for free just to save $20, expecially if it was as easy to get as it is now.

If microsoft wasn't such a nazi with their licensing I would be somewhat sympathetic to this new 'Genuine Advantage' stuff. But alas, they are not.

-Matt

I was able to attain a legal copy of Windows XP for $20 at my school. Most schools (colleges) if they are certified through MS they can sell Fully Legal and Licensed copies of software for DIRT cheap to the students. i could have also gotten Office XP for $20.

Hey, I paid $36,000 for that school, the leasrt they could do was hook me up with a cheap copy of Windows.

Him said:
I was able to attain a legal copy of Windows XP for $20 at my school. Most schools (colleges) if they are certified through MS they can sell Fully Legal and Licensed copies of software for DIRT cheap to the students. i could have also gotten Office XP for $20.

Even educationally priced software, though cheaper, is still not dirt cheap. Sorry him, I have a hard time "buying" that MS sells their software to school for $20 or so.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837116192

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837116137

Please don't use the "if it was cheaper" exuse even if windows was 5USD there would be people who pirat it and you know it.

smileygladhands believe it I got Windows XP Profeshional for free thats right not a cent at school. My PC has a ligit copy and everything. It even comes with a nice orange sticker that looks somthing like this

*picture of a key* Product Key:

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
  • Windows XP Pro-MSDNAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom