What is the quietest computer case made??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him said:
What about home theatre systems? Every decible of sound there counts!

If you have the money to put in a home theatre system, you got the money to spend some on that quiet computer case. I would definetely get it to run my home theatre system!

I have narrowed it down to antec sonata II, antec pb180 in black, antec tx 1050B. I have used many antec cases and like the build. I can't say I have ever seen or heard in person any others. In this price line does anyone have any others to put in my search.

You can get noise dampening material. It attaches to the inside of yours panels, around your entire case. It does, however, raise temperatures substantially, so that is a sacrifice you are going to have to make. Or you could just build a semi good water rig in there and use totally passive cooling everywhere else.

What he has to realize that it is not the case that is the determinite factor of noise, but the components inside it. The more fans you have, the more noise. More components, more noise. If you have fans with smaller vent holes, more noise. The bigger the vent holes, the quieter. If noise is a huge issue with you, you have to get a completely passive water cooled system (NO fans, not even on the heatercore, though I think you always need a fan on that, unless you get a monstercoresrex from Weapon)

I do realize this. Are all cases created equal? I think not. IF I would put the exact same components in two different cases, the one designed to be quieter would be quieter. I understand all the other stuff. I just want to know which ones start out quieter?. If you don't believe that than that's your problem.

Man, I wasnt trying to offend, please dont take it that way. There may be a difference, yes, but a miniscule one in the noise spectrum. You would barely be able to hear the difference.

I'm just telling you that if noise ius a factor, than simply just getting a quiter computer case wouldnt really work for you. You would need to start to implement passive cooling and do other things to drown out noise. No need to get so confrontational.

ingeborgdot he is correct. The case is mostly irrelevant in the noise issues associated with a computer. I don't think you're going to find a case designed to be more silent than most other cases. To reduce your noise you should be selecting components designed for low noise emmisions. the parts you should be looking at is the power supply, the CPU heatsink fan, and the case fans. If you have a video card that has a fan on it, consider replacing it with a video card that uses passive cooling. You don't need water cooling to reduce your noise levels. You should be able to acheive your results without spending a fortune. Thermaltake and a lot of other companies make fans that are near silent. read up on the product reviews on newegg.com to figure out which products to choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom