lack of power

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmamione

Baseband Member
My computer has been freezing ever since I've had it (about a year ago) but I tried my best to ignore the fact that something was wrong with my computer because I bought the comp. with my own cash. Recently I took apart the computer and found that the power supply was only 250 watts. I have an Athlon XP 3000+, 2 CD drives, AGP Leadtek 6600 GT, and all that other stuff plus neon lights which came with the computer case. Is my lack of power a contributor to the constant freezing of my computer? or did I just get a bad model from Hp?

could be a bad model considering it was built by an MFG, if you're still under warranty get ahold of them. I'm very surprised you didnt do anything earlier.

I have the warranty and I've called them mulitple times but Hp customer service is terrible and they always have some philipino guy tell me to do desktop cleanup. Of course I did it and nuthing happened. Then they told me that my Norton Anti Virus needed a new subscription and thats why my computer isn't working. =S some people are just so stupid.

yea people are pretty stupid, wat i'd do, even tho its prolly not gonna do anything, backup your data and try a reformat and install windows, if same thing just replace your PSU

IBMan said:
yea people are pretty stupid, wat i'd do, even tho its prolly not gonna do anything, backup your data and try a reformat and install windows, if same thing just replace your PSU

I just reformatted and I'm getting a family friend to come look at the computer and possibly install a new power supply. If I did get a bad computer do I have to buy a whole new desktop? because thats what I've been trying to avoid.

considering you have a small PSU, and its freezing alot, if its one part it'll prolly be the PSU and theres a slight possibility that its your hard drive tho not likely. so probably only your power supply. good luck

my hard drive is a western digital 80 7200 so I doubt it..but I will check just in cause...btw I just bought an aspire 520 Watt power supply with 3 fans and then a nice surge protector so I'll post on this thread later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom