Torn between 2 hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

huck_finn

Baseband Member
So, my order is about to go through and I'm wondering if I've made the right choice.

I've ordered the Western Digital 7200rpm 250gig hard drive with a 16 mb cache, but for a littleless, I can get a 40gig Western Digital 10,000rpm drive with an 8mb cache.

I have 3 other hard drives to use for storage, all 7200rpm, and totalling about 200gig. I'm tempted to get the 10K ... what do you think? This should all go through on Monday the 1st, so I need to act fast!

Thanks for any input.

It really depends if you need 450gigs worth of storage. If ur not using most of you other 200 then there is no point. I personally use that 40gig raptor 10k drive and its sweet.

Western Digital does not make a 16 meg cache drive to my knowledge. Maxtor does, and their drives are fast, and crap.

what are you going to use the drive for? If for gaming and not storage, go with the 10K.

RicoDirenzo said:
what are you going to use the drive for? If for gaming and not storage, go with the 10K.

I'm just using it for the OS's and programs basically, I'm going to run Debian and Windows on it along with Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop etc. I'll load some games onto it too, but I'm not a heavy gamer so there will only be 3 or 4 at one time. I just like a nice computer to work on that's fast.

My order completed today, and I did opt for the 10K, so it seems that I've made the right choice. I'll take my 120gig drive with my files on it and keep it as a slave.

Thanks for the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom