PCI IDE RAID controller help . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdf41

Solid State Member
Hello , first , it is nice to have these forums available .It sure beats taking your PC to the local store for repairs and such . Next , I recently put together a PC , naturally only one IDE plug in on the mainboard . Therefore I resorted to a PCI ATA raid controller . Now I have two HDDs , both plugged in to the RAID card , both with OS's on them . In the control panel everything seems to be there , but I cannot boot to the other HDD . Is there a way to access them individually , for I would like to be able to access them as if they were partitioned on one drive , and then when the machine boots up I had my choice of what system to select . Thanks for listening . Any help surely is appreciated .

It sounds like you want to look into a boot manager. By default the first boot device will look at the first OS installed on the first partition on the first channel. A boot manager will allow you to choose what OS to boot from. Windows has a boot manager, or you can download a free one (like Ranish Partition Manager ) or you can download a paid one (like Acronis).

Have fun...

in response to Anmont. . .

Hey , thanks Anmont . I will check out the things you suggested . It will really be nice to be able to boot on the system I want to use . This has been quite a project for me . Thanks Tech Forums .

Hey , great nitestick & anmont . Now I'll spend some time checking into these options . Thanks again .
Now that type of program will allow me to boot from not only partitions on a drive , but also boot up on a seperate HDD ?

Thanks Tech Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom