64 bit vs 32 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
kneecapper said:
in your opinions, what processor (that would be able to keep up with the latest games) has the most bang for the buck?

I wouldnt get a fx cause theyre expensive, but the best bang for your buck right now is the athlon 64 3000+. Its almost as fast as the 3200 but almost half the cost, around 200-250usd. it would be fine for those games

Games will take advantage of the new hardware long before the other Apps do.. your old 4M video card was fine for word processing.... - the problem is, if you buy it now, it will cost less by the time things are ready for it..
Linux is ready for 64bit processors. . . .

zoerb said:
kneecapper said:
in your opinions, what processor (that would be able to keep up with the latest games) has the most bang for the buck?

I wouldnt get a fx cause theyre expensive, but the best bang for your buck right now is the athlon 64 3000+. Its almost as fast as the 3200 but almost half the cost, around 200-250usd. it would be fine for those games
perfect. thanks zoerb.

btw-64 bit cpus were only recently been introduced to home computers meaning who ever buys now is a test gini pig for all the bigs and defects. Wait a couple years.
Although 64 bit stuff has been around for a good 5-6 years never was it introduced to home computers before now.

not saying they dont but with anything there is always bugs. i have built a 64 bit systme for a guy and it was smooth very smooth but there is always a flaw always a catch because humans made the design meaning they can fix it but than a new flaw comes out so right now i bet all 64 bit chips have tons of flaws. And i also bet the precott will have major difficulty's in the work station. And im a intel freak so put that into proportion

the fx51 does have impressive benchmarks....as for everyday use....i will wait till 64 bit processors come down in price which is inevitable. For now i think 64 bit is the next marketing tool which pc software has yet to catch up with. Windows xp 64 will be coming out....thing is....lets see how long it takes before they are finished milking 32 bit for all its worth before moving up to the 64bit standard....i think 2005 or 2006 would be the earliest so i iwll wait....the price is still to high im my opinion bit if price isnt an issue then go for it.

215 bux is too much for an AMD Athlon 64 3000+, thats only 50 bux more than a 2.4g p4 with hyper threading, i disagree

also someone said its that fastest 32 bit chip out rite now, does that mean that an amd 64 2.0gz is faster than a 3.06 p4 HT?

neversleeps said:
215 bux is too much for an AMD Athlon 64 3000+, thats only 50 bux more than a 2.4g p4 with hyper threading, i disagree

also someone said its that fastest 32 bit chip out rite now, does that mean that an amd 64 2.0gz is faster than a 3.06 p4 HT?
i think he was specifically referring the amd 64 fx 51. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom