bad cpu or mother board??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete

Baseband Member
Hello guys.
My pc would not boot and no signal to the monitor the system turns on but still no signal to the monitor. I troubleshoot the video card, memory, monitor etc they all work fine so my final problem came down to the CPU and motherboard!
Need advice!! The CPU gets hot when I turn on the system with out the heat sink and fan on it would shut off immediately. It has auto protection feature.
Correct me if IÂ’m wrong if the CPU gets hot does this means that the CPU might not be damage?
Thanks!

This was a working pc no cables were move etc it just one day it just went out. With the heat sink on and CPU fan working it would stay on but no signal to monitor. I just remove all hard ware video card, memory etc including the heat sink and fan to feel if the cpu would get hot when I turn on the pc and it did got hot quick! Oh! And yes bios have been reset many times. No luck yet. I believe my mobo went south on me before I buy one I would like to hear you guys opinion and suggestions thanks again.

Mine did the same thing-tried the processor in my other computer and it was the processor that was shot

Ok cguy
But my CPU gets hot to the touch so I would have to assume that maybe my mobo is shot! In any case I would have to buy me a mobo CPU combo anyway this way IÂ’m up grading it at the same time, thanks.

hot to the touch dont mean mobo is shot. It could be your cpu is not seated right or your heat sink isn't seated right. And obviously it would shut down without thermal compound or a heatsink because thats what cpus do. They get hot right when you put em on. Turn a systme with a cpu with no compound of h/s it'll be on all of 1-3 seconds
http://forum.pcmech.com/showthread.php?threadid=12753
try hals guild fix's a lot of problems over at the mech.
And further more is the cpu is getting hot that means its running and electricty is moving threw it thus prooving it works. And if you hear no beep codes from the mobo its the mobo thats shot probably

first of all DONT TURN YOUR COMPUTER ON IF YOUR HEATSINK IS NOT INSTALLED you risk frying your CPU very quickly.

Oh and obviously it gets hot, kuz u dont have the f*cking HEATSINK on it!!!

omg. ignorance!

try the cpu in another mobo in your friends maybe.

reapply the heatsink until u seat it correctly. AND DONT TURN YOUR COMPUTER ON WITHOUT THE HEATSINK ON THE CPU, thats just stupid.

Turbo-Athlon5 said:
AND DONT TURN YOUR COMPUTER ON WITHOUT THE HEATSINK ON THE CPU, thats just stupid.
couldn't have said it better my self. Oh ya why does it get hot agian oh no cooling that could be it you think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom