unlocking multiplier

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooltgle

Baseband Member
ok i have an abit av8 socket 939 with an amd 64 3200+ venice core. I cannot unlock the multiplier factor in the BIOS however. I can adjust the fsb/external clock, but i cant do anything about the multiplier. it says at 10. any ideas on how to move it?

you cant. the 64s are locked upwards. the 3000 is locked a 9x the 3200 at 10x and the 3500 at 11x.

At the moment there is no why to unlock them

i noticed you have a 3200+ and you say yours is at 2.57. How? besides i know many people who have overclocked theirs. thats why i bought the cpu. It should be able to i dont know why it wont open up

on Athlon 64's you can lower the multiplier, which is sometimes better if you reach the core limit but can increase the memory speed, but you cannot increase their multiplier.
you can only increase the multiplier on the FX's.

also, it depends on your BIOS whether it can raise (if you have an FX) or lower the multiplier

i have upped my fsb/HHT whatever it is to 257mhz rather than 200. It can go higher than that but my memory cant. There is a sticky about this in the overlocking forum. have a read and itll all become clearer.

bump. any other ideas?
Like what?

Clear answer:

You CAN lower the multi, keep looking at BIOS options and read the manual.

You can NOT raise the multi.

If you want to OC, read the sticky in the OC section, and then read it again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom