Motherboard Restriction and Analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanker

Banned
EPoX EP-9NDA3+ Motherboard

(Athlon 64, Socket 939, nForce3 Ultra, 4GB DDR, 2000MHz FSB - SKU: EP9NDA3+)

Thats the motherboard I'm getting for an Athlon 64 3200+ (2.0 Ghz) processor.

First, I wanted to know if the motherboard restricts the procesor speed to a specific something? Will the mobo not let me go past a maximum processor speed? Will this affect overclocking?

Secondly, I wanted you guys to rate this mobo and tell me it's pros/cons.

If you're looking for a S939 mobo, then check out manufacturers like DFI, Asus, ABit, Gigabyte...

Many will swear by DFI for OC'ing purposes, but personally all my Asus boards have never let me down in any respect; thus I'm an Asus man myself ;)

I would seriously check out other makers, but I'm on a very restricted budget in which I have to buy the case, the mobo, processor, memory, HD, monitor, keyboard, and mouse lol. All inside of $900. I'm managed to do it, actually, so I don't want to increase the price any more than the $885.

Very well, but why 4 GB or system RAM? If you're building a budget CAD system, or you are going to do a lot of video & sound editing then fine, but for most PC users/enthusiasts 2 GB will be more than ample; even 1 GB or less if you don't play games.

Unless you can get comp parts dirt cheap, that is :)

lol Sorry, I must be getting tired :tired:

Anyway, I assume you've done a Google for reviews/opinions on that board?...

I've only looked at the reviews for that on Newegg.com. Apparently, one big problem is that it has bad placement, so there is a problem with using all four SATA controllers. I'm only going to be using 2 initially, so I don't foresee any problems with that.

The 3200 will function @ its default speed on any S939 mobo.

Some mobos overclock better than others though, but if you don't plan on OC'ing then you'll be OK.

Sadly, I DO plan on overclocking. And since my processor is a Venice, it practically begs to be overclocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom