New Dell Notebook!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyNaStY336

In Runtime
Inspiron 9300
Intel® Pentium® M Processor 730 (1.60 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB), Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition Qty: 1
Unit Price: $1,732.00
Inspiron 9300 Intel® Pentium® M Processor 730 (1.60 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)
SM16HN

Display 17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen XGA+ Display
17XGA

Memory 512MB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 2 Dimm
512MB2D

Video Card 256MB NVIDA® GeForce™ Go 6800
256NV

Hard Drive 60GB Hard Drive
60GB

Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
WHXP

Network Card Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
INTNIC

Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
ADOBER
[430-1048]

CD/DVD Drives 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
24COMBO

Wireless Networking Card Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 b/g, 54Mbps)

Office Productivity Software No productivity suite - Corel WordPerfect word processor only
ICOREL

Security Software No Security Subscription
NSNOR

Digital Music Musicmatch® Jukebox Basic
MMBASE

Primary Battery 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (53 WHr)
6BAT

Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options No Extended Service, Support or Ltd Warranty

Internet Access: Dial-Up 6 Months of America Online Membership Included

Digital Imaging Photo Album™ SE Basic
DPS

Miscellaneous Award Winning Service & Support

Financial Software No QuickBooks package selected- Includes limited use trial

What do you guys think of this laptop i just ordered? i plan to upgrade to a gig of ram, 120gb Hdd, and maybe a 1.8ghz pentium m if i feel that games are running slow. Do you guys think i should be able to run games on this without much problem?

p.s. o and btw i also used an online coupon code to receive 600 off instantly so it came to 1151.00 total and i got a free printer :cool:

nice one. Few things i would do with it when it arrives

a) through that printer in the bin, itll be a useless lexmark
b) format to get rid of the junk dell put on. (all the drivers u need are on the dell website)
c) put xp pro on and set up the wireless.

That should run your games fine. I doubt youll notice much difference from a 1.6 to a 1.8 especially for the cost of a 1.8ghz mobile chip.

aj2003 said:
nice one. Few things i would do with it when it arrives

a) through that printer in the bin, itll be a useless lexmark
b) format to get rid of the junk dell put on. (all the drivers u need are on the dell website)
c) put xp pro on and set up the wireless.

That should run your games fine. I doubt youll notice much difference from a 1.6 to a 1.8 especially for the cost of a 1.8ghz mobile chip.

Why XP Pro?

its better for networking, and is more stable. If your unwilling to spend the extra for it Home will do, its just what I did. Another reason for formating it straight away is that when i got mine they had partitioned it so about 3gig was used to be able to use system restore to go back to how it is when you got it. ie a waste of space, and on a small laptop hard drive thats not clever.

I would just get 1GB ram, and yeah lexmark printers are terrible, the ink costs as much as the printer

i dont think you will need windows xp pro either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom