'Squiggles' on Triniton CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicf23

Solid State Member
I have a 21" Trinitron CRT, and I've been using it for over 6 months. Recently, there seem to be small 'squiggles' (I don't know how else to describe them). It's almost like the entire screen is shaking slightly.

For example:
|
|
|
|

Becomes:
|
\
/
/
|

I checked the video card, connections, and even for any magnetic things that could have been pushed around the monitor. No luck.

Here are the specs if anyone needs them:
Vivitron 21'
Nvidia Vanta PCI
1280x1024x32 at 75Hz

Thanks

vicf23 said:
I have a 21" Trinitron CRT, and I've been using it for over 6 months. Recently, there seem to be small 'squiggles' (I don't know how else to describe them). It's almost like the entire screen is shaking slightly.

For example:
|
|
|
|

Becomes:
|
\
/
/
|

I checked the video card, connections, and even for any magnetic things that could have been pushed around the monitor. No luck.

Here are the specs if anyone needs them:
Vivitron 21'
Nvidia Vanta PCI
1280x1024x32 at 75Hz

Thanks

Could be you need to increase your refresh rate

Could be you need to increase your refresh rate

Nope, had it at 80Hz a while ago, no change.

Naah the monitor is going out, had that happen a few times.

:( Oh well, time to get a LCD anyway lol. This thing is gigantic.

vicf23 said:
Nope, had it at 80Hz a while ago, no change.

:( Oh well, time to get a LCD anyway lol. This thing is gigantic.

I've got a 21" CRT at my work, it's ridiculously big. Takes up half my desk.

I have a TV wich acts the same. Give it a slap, works for me all the time. If it's the same problem my TV has there's a part that needs to be replaced, but I dunno how it's called. lol. Get a nice 17" CRT.

Could it be the graphics card? I just connected the screen to another computer to install debian, and there were no 'squiggles'. But they're still here when I reconnected it to my orginal computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom