Thermal Paste Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Hello All, I finally upgraded my standard Aluminum heat sink to a copper one. My question, after booting the PC is running a bit hotter then normal idle. How long does it take for the Paste to set in and for you to get accurate temperature readings? I thought I read a post here once before that mentioned it takes time before everything starts to run well. I haven't tried any gaming, still afraid to put a load on the CPU. It was already a big pain in the butt and had to remove the motherboard for the new heat sink.

Any info is appreciated, and to all those that helped with my earlier post, thanks, finally upgraded :)

What type of heat sync? Mine started working immediately. What temperatures are you getting...

Get some Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste, it's the best kind. It takes about 200 hours to break in. During that time, the computer must be allowed to rest and cool down to room tempature as many times as you can.

Already made a previous post on this, I did use the Artic Silver thermal paste. PC ran for 20 minutes, looking at the PC temps through Sandra it seemed fine, but then it locked up and wouldn't boot. I think I put too much thermal compound on, I booted fine with old heat sink.

Ya, you just need a small drop the size of an uncooked grain of rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom