7800GTX questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might wan't to think about getting a bigger powersupply for that setup, i doubt that will even boot!

no. youre thinking the 350 watt that comes with the case. he has listed another, 500 watt ps that he is going to buy. but even then, i havent heard much about the 7800, but 500 might be gettin a little close. you should look into a 550 or 600 watt

Nah he wont need another power supply for the card, it has 30-32 amps on the 12v, if its the same one im thinking about. But what he may need another PSU for is the 24 pin setup the DFI board requires*

*You dont need the 24 pin PSU But it is Highly Recommended. And Dont use a 20 to 24 pin adapter, Heard that it could result in a damaged Mobo.

You also have to remember that the 7800GTX requires less power than the 6800 Ultras, which is why it is a selling point.

apokalipse said:
like Trifid said, if you get a Venice core, you can easily overclock it to at least 2.7GHZ

That's kinda a bit off to expect that high of an overclock, Nubius only got 2.575 which is unnormally low. Hell i got 2.66 with a newcastle

so should i just go with the venice core and just OC it to as high as i can get.? or spend a little more on the san diego core and i dont have to OC as much .?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom