sony 52x/32x/52x

Status
Not open for further replies.

drift_tt

Beta member
hey guyz,

I just bought a sony 52x/32x/52x (model: crx230) burner and it seems as if it doesnt wanna work with my programs. It doesnt work wit cdrwin or the program it came with, which is called b's recorder gold. It says no recording device found on scsi/ide drives. The only program it works with is nero which only burns at 40x for some odd reason. Also its not under the supported devices list of any of the programs. What can i do? Any help is greatly appreciated.

- Art

is exachanging for another burner out of the question? you did just bought it. go for a different brand or use the burning software included with the burner.

its not out of the question, but i dont see why it should not work. Isn't there any way i can get this thing to work fully.

btw, it doesn't work with the software it came with either.

it sounds like you have a conflict than, possibley hardware setup problem. i do not have much knowledge on this situation, hopefully someone else can guide you through this troubleshooting. just to rule out obvious problems, set the burner to cable select and move it to another location on the cable

ok i ran the sony diagnostic tool from their site and it says that everything is working perfectly. Maybe it's too new of a burner for some of the small programs to work with? I found out it does work wit the software provided but it still only burns at 40x. What could be that problem?

what burning programs do you normally use besides cdrwin?

i had simillar problems when i bought my sony 48/24/48 burner when it first came out, and since it was new, the softwares werent supporting that drive as much either. it took a couple of months until the programs i use finally came out with patches to update their program that can be use with the drive.

my suggestion is, go to the website of the company of the burning program you use to check which drives are compatibile with it, and see if they have update patches.

probably it is only at 40x because your cd media is only rated at 40x max. do you know the exact kind of cd's you are using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom