Usb 3.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Cat5 the standard? Cat5 and Cat6 have the same speed but Cat6 has better data consistancy.

Also, IBMan, Cat6 is a standard for Ethernet cables, not for actual transmission speed.

yea i know, sorry i didnt feel like typing out all the stuff, but cat 6 can go up to 1 gbps, cat5e(nhanced) can go up to 350 i believe and cat5 can go up to 100 mbps

Cat6 is more reliable and wont drop packets.

Where have you seen equipment that operates at 350...

sorry, i was at shopko tonight and found a cat5e cable and read the description and crap sorry it was 350 mhz.

USB 2.0 has a bandwidth up to 480MB/sec... theren't even regular hard drives today that can write/read that fast, so why would there be USB 3.0? Firewire can go up to 800MB/sec, so that won't need to be changed for quite some time.. the reason eathernet isn't used on USB is cuz the CAT5 cables and stuff are twisted and reversed, to bounce off any electromagnetic radiation, so it doesn't distort the signal... but there is a way to get ethernet through USB:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833156152

:p :)

yall missed the 3.0 i threw in there. And for 6.1 surroud, if u put a usb to the hub of the speakers it woudl eliminate the need for a sound card..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom