your opinion needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok im building a pc and i wanted to run an amd athlon 3700 sandiego with a evga 7800gtx but my dad was worried that it wouldnt run adobe premiere (wed also run 2gb of patriot ram) and why would we spend 600 bucks on a video card that will be replaced in months by a better one and get a 6800 cause its a last-gen video card and also the 7800 would go from 550 to 300 by christmas. Now i know itll run premiere and i also know it will not go down 2, 300 bucks in months and it will last years but will be replaced in 2 or 3 like the 6800's. The best part was these guys on an adobe premiere email list said this to my dad. You tell me if its right:

"Generally speaking whats good for gaming is good for premiere, that said to me
it would be a shame to throw 600 dollars at a video card that is not a good
card for video editing, I believe some of them come bundled with premiere so
that is pretty good bang for your buck...I am sure you will get some more
informative opinions than mine so hang in there!"

"I can answer parts of your question..$600.00 video
cards are great...but 2 months from now that $600.00
card will be replaced by " newer, better, faster"
$600.00 card..and the card you bought will now be only
$200.00..the people that make cards are in the
business of SELLING cards...so there's ALWAYS a
"Newer, Better, Faster" product available....spend
your money as you see fit.

Dual Monitors are the way to go...I've been runnning
Duals for years now, and once you've done it, you
NEVER want a single monitor system again....$ 50.00
graphic cards ( last years $600.00 card )Use both
monitor outputs CRT and Flat Screen...you will need an
adapter for Flat Screen to CRT (if you have 2
CRT's)...it just plugs into the Flat Screen output and
now you can plug a CRT into it...unless of course you
happen to Not use CRTs then you will need the adapter
for Flat to CRT.

Then you configure your Graphics card to dual monitors
and do your set up from Control Panel > Monitor

***** I use nVidia Graphics Cards...not ATI's ATI may
not be able to do this **********

This has worked for me since Windows 2000."

Are these people right or what?

The 7800GTX will run adobe primier PERFECTLY NO ISSUES at all. Those people are douches.

The 600$ 7800GTX will likely be 300$ this time next year, yes it's a large price drop but gamers have to stomach it.

And your looking at 6 months AT LEAST for nvidia to release a new video card core...

exactly and i hate those people cause my dad thinks you guys arent perfessionals but those guys deffiantly arent and you guys are great, i think you guys are the smartest people in the world. idk if a new core comes out and a new card which nvidia clames it will take years then maybe itll drop 300 bucks but otherwise itll only drop 100, 200max. What the guys dont really get is i game, and i game with the top high resource games out there and my dad will need the pc to do editing and burning.

Yes it will run premier (It should be expected as it's one of the best video cards money can buy). Yes there will always be a newer card coming out. If you wait you wont get around it by saying oh they wont put out another one now. There will always be a new top of the line next gen card coming out soon. If a new video card comes out that doesnt mean that your card automatically because obsolete and stops running the same program it was running before so yes it will keep running Premier.

I have no clue about the dual monitors setup as ive never ran dual monitors.

wow, now i want some uber 1337 dual monitors to look at the windows media player effects when listening to music.

Trust me, the once you go dual you dont go back thing is true.

I could use three monitors...

how much do they cost?

Btw whats it like when gaming?

Like a FPS game, CSS or so?..

I really cant imagine what it would be like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom