Ati 9250 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lintball

Baseband Member
I just recieved my radeon 9250 today.I installed the card then booted up my pc. I installed the catalyst that came with the card...then i rebooted. I got an error message that read " ATI control panel could not open" it was saying that the drivers weren't installed or weren't functioning properly. So i downloaded the drivers from the site then reinstalled them. While i have my monitor connected to the onboard vga port i can't see anything until windows gets to the login screen. I haven't disabled onboard video because when i go to my bios screen then to advanced it looks like this

onboard vga: irq 3

there is no option that says disabled or off...i can change it to irq 11,irq 5,and i think one more option that says irq #

i don't kno what to do please help quick...hehe i'm anxious to try it out
thanx in advance

ps: does anyone know how i can find out what kind of mobo i have..i don't have the owners manual...

Compaq: not sure of model
windows xp home sp2
pentium III 1 ghz
128mb ram

ok i had a dell and tried installing a 5200 (i now have a 9250) but i couldnt access my onboard so i had to flash the bios. Now heres what i think you should do is. Find out what your hardware is, go to compaq and find your model and see if you can flash your bios (update) and then see if you can disable it cause it definatly doesnt have onboard disabled

ok the cpuz app helped me find out alot so thank you for giving me that reference pespi boy....i didn't find any flash bios on compaq but i went to intel's site...my mobo's chipset is the I810E i coudn't find anything for that but i found flash bios for the CA810E so i'm wondering if it's the same...could anyone give me some advice because i don't want to d/l the wrong bios and screw somthing up

also if anyone can help me with this...i can't see my bios screen because my monitor won't work until i get to the welcome/login screen,are there any programs that allow you to view your bios while in windows ?

ok i got it to work...i was making it alot harder than it was...i didn't need new bios.

i just went to device manager and deleted the driver for the onboard vga... then i connected the vga cable to the video card then restarted my computer manually...once i restarted i could get into my bios..and under advanced a new menu had appeared that said vga preferences and i could choose for the onboard or the card to be my primary vga...it was that simple i just had to take a chance...thanks for everyones help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom