Antistatic Wrist Strap -- Required?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this question has been asked quite a bit...a search would have brought plenty of results.

I've never used an anti-static strap nor have I ever fried anything....get in the habit of grounding yourself, or do like I do and just lean on a metal part of your case and you're grounded at all times.

even if I had a strap, I'd probably still touch my case just because I'm in that habit.

It is my opinion that you won't need the band. Like others have stated, just touch the case to discharge any static build up. :)

Several sucessful builds without a band. No damaged components due to electrostatic discharge. :)

Thanks guys for your help.
I think I'll just go with the "leaning against your case" tip. Isn't it the same effect if I leaned against the metal leg of a chair? It really doesn't matter what metal I touch, right?

Thanks

No, you have to touch the case.

The transfer of static is what kills PC components.

And I have even carry'ed intergrated circuts in my pocket lol...

the last time i seen this thread someone said they stood on old power supply's first.... lol...i think it was dj-chris but im not sure lol

Nubius said:
this question has been asked quite a bit...a search would have brought plenty of results.

I've never used an anti-static strap nor have I ever fried anything....get in the habit of grounding yourself, or do like I do and just lean on a metal part of your case and you're grounded at all times.

even if I had a strap, I'd probably still touch my case just because I'm in that habit.

Same here. Same here.

i touch my case, i dont have a wristband. Even if i dont mean 2, im almost always touching a metal part of the case if i working on the comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom