Fan Config

Status
Not open for further replies.
but let me give you an analogy: on a hot summer day you are sitting in a room with a window. if you had a fan, would you be cooled down better if the fan was blowing air outward or inwards from the window ....or would it be better if the fan was blowing on your face or body? it should be the same as a computer.

Well said, thanks alot guys, and for being quick

well i tryed another attempt at pic 2 this time i routed all the wires away and taped them with electrical tape, they are all in the top right corner near the power supply. they dont stop any air, i put the plexiglass back on the window, so its not a hole anymore. and i set the bottom right fan to blow at a 45degree angle toward the cpu/mobo. This yeilded results of 2-3 degrees higher than how i had it in pic1.

However i dont like pic1 because it looks very messy.

Should i add a fan to do either intake or exhaust at the side of the case, its predrilled all ready all i need to do i buy a fan.

Attachments

• processes2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 43
In pic1, are both those fans on the side of the case, blowing in, with the PSU as exhaust?

ya thats how pic1 works

I figured it out!!!

in pic4 the newest one with the 45deg angle of the intake, it gets pretty damn hot. even froze on counter strike

so when i take the front panel off, its idle at 42 amazing. however with the front panel on its at 48-50 idle. how would i be able to combat this, its hard to make a hole in the front of my case, there is the 2 leds and the usb at the bottom, and the power/reset switches just above that.

ill send pics

I'm hunting for a new case, and I'm basing it on cooling. would it be better to get a tower case and have everything nice and spaced out, or a Mid-Size???

I'll only be filling 1x AGP slot
2or3 PCI(if that)
(2CD rom drives, writer, DVD)
2 Hard drives.

That's all that's going to be in the case. I like the size of the Mid Towers, but might be nice to have all that room of a Full Tower instead of trying to cram everything into a Mid Size.

I don't transport my comp anywhere so the big size isn't a big deal. Then I can mod in a good fan system.

So is Bigger case Better(in regards to cooling)???

Turbo-Athlon5 said:
so when i take the front panel off, its idle at 42 amazing. however with the front panel on its at 48-50 idle. how would i be able to combat this, its hard to make a hole in the front of my case, there is the 2 leds and the usb at the bottom, and the power/reset switches just above that.

Geeez! I didn't know you had no air hole/intake slots on the front of the case. You need that to allow for the fresh air to flow in from the front/bottom, across the mobo, and out the top/back.

I'm not sure how you'd go about modding the front of the case. You may want to show a picture of the case, so someone can give u some suggestions :)

Morilibus said:
I'm hunting for a new case, and I'm basing it on cooling. would it be better to get a tower case and have everything nice and spaced out, or a Mid-Size???

I'll only be filling 1x AGP slot
2or3 PCI(if that)
(2CD rom drives, writer, DVD)
2 Hard drives.

That's all that's going to be in the case. I like the size of the Mid Towers, but might be nice to have all that room of a Full Tower instead of trying to cram everything into a Mid Size.

I don't transport my comp anywhere so the big size isn't a big deal. Then I can mod in a good fan system.

So is Bigger case Better(in regards to cooling)???

IMHO, I say Yes! The full towers are better for cooling...because you can add more fans. Plus they are easier to work in.

ill send pics tonight after work. I took the other side panel off and retached the window side and the front panel and its idling at 40-42 WOW. I need a way of allowing air to get into the front part or other side, i think im going to drill holes on the side panel. The non window side panel.

When i send pics maybe you guys can give me some suggestions? thanks.

Its not a 120mm fan kuz iznt the 120mm suppose to be the size of a cd. Well this fan is not the size of a cd, so i guess its a 90mm. or 100mm. i dontkno,w but its big and blows lots of air.

The fan came out of my old Compaq Celeron 466Mhz (1 exhaust fan/ no other fan, system).lol

this fan is pretty loud tho, has no rpm reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom