I am ready to finally get a new comp, was considering:

visiontek extacy 850xt
abit fatality motherboard
intel 3.4-3.8 processorr
2 250 gig seagate hd's
toshiba dvd drive
nice aspire case
1 gig corsiar ddr2

The only things bugging me are the mobo and cpu(of course)
Will I be left out later if I get a 925 chipset? Also I am having a hard time figuring which processor to get. I hear the 6xx perform slower than the 5xx at times. Should I get a 3.8? Around 600 at this time, while a 3.4 is under 300 now(5xx series). How much of a difference in speed am I looking at? BTW I do not want amd.

Thanks

First thing is what are you using the PC?

It appears for gaming, which AMD processors are a very good option (they score higher, are cheaper, run cooler)

Also currently the 850XT is overpriced and does not support the latest and greatest, it only supports Shader Model 2.1 vs 3.0 on non ATI cards, and DX9.0B compared to DX9.0C

Gaming is one of the main uses, but I do alot of other stuff also, which is why I want to use intel. What video card would you reccomend?

I would recomend an eVGA or Leadtek 6800GT or 7800GTX depending on your budget

What other uses, the only time intel gets a real edge over AMD is video editing.

Definatley go with a Nvidia card, and get a PCI-e board or a SLI board for the option of adding another card later on.

Thanks, will probably get the 7800. How about the mobo/cpu? It has to be intel. Is the abit fatality worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom