Intel EM64 or AMD 64??

Status
Not open for further replies.
well right now i wouldnt buy anything since price drops are coming and the fact that intel is revising all there chips and soon coming out with 45nm technoligy i would personally wait a while to build a new pc

LOL, sorry, 45nm aint happening in the near future. You must be thinking of 65nm, and yes, both AMD and intel are working on that.

TheHeadFL said:
You're mostly correct there, other than I would say they don't perform like "crap", just not as well as in 32 bit mode.

Itanium's do peform like total crap in 32 bit mode, they dont emulate 32 bit well at all.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Itanium's do peform like total crap in 32 bit mode, they dont emulate 32 bit well at all.

Well we aren't talking about Itaniums here, which is IA64. This is about EM64T, which is just a clone of x86-64....

Itaniums are for servers/business use. Not for gaming. Either the Intel Pentium 4 with EM64 or AMD 64 will be a good choice. You can't go wrong with either, although the AMD has the edge in gaming. When it comes to video editing, the P4 has the edge. The difference between AMD and Intel isn't as big as people make it out to be. Its not like ATI vs. Nvidia where one brand plays as smooth as butter, and the other lags to no end.

thanks ppl!

hey guys! thanks a lot for all the stuff you wrote.........i got just the info that i needed to know

i have decided on an AMD 64 now. whats the diff between venice core Athlon 64 and a San-deigo Athlon 64. what doesthis mean?

to someone who stated about the 32 bit intel processor...i would like to say that buying a 32-bit processor would prove to be foolish when 64 bit stuf's comin in the markets like hell.

well guys..one more favor...... i've decided to grab a comp that's gonna look similar 2 this..

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
<best possible m/b>
1 GB/ 512 MB DDR RAM
120 GB/ 80 GB SATA HDD
17" Flat Screen CRT Monitor
CD-DVD Burner
<power Supply>
Optical keyboard and mouse
nVidia GeForce 6600 256 MB (plz tell me of any better chip; both performance wise and price wise).....
......and add the rest of the crap urselves..

so plz tell me if i should go for a branded pc or get it assmbled..how much would it cost (Indian Rupees) in both cases?? if branded then which brand (I live in new delhi,india)? what changes should i make in the above config.? another thing is that i don't have tonnes of money to spend. i'm willing to pay a decent amount for the config.closest to this..so plz don't include insane suggestions. is there any news of price-drops lately?

plz add any other info i need to know.

waiting for replies......:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom