Running Windows with no Services?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
Originally Posted on Slashdot dot org
"So how many of the almost 4 dozen default-enabled services does Windows XP really need in order to preserve basic functioning, like web surfing and running applications? Zero, as it turns out. Mark Russinovich at Sysinternals demonstrates that if certain steps are followed, Windows XP will still run with only two active processes: System and Csrss.exe. No Smss.exe, Winlogon.exe, Services.exe, Lsass.exe... And, contrary to the expectations of various lead engineers at Microsoft, even Internet Explorer will still work under such conditions."

http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/2005/07/running-windows-with-no-services.html

Yeah, I did. But let me guess, you've known about that for ever, right? Why aer you such a jerk in all of your posts to everyone?

now if i did all of that, would i still have networking, and be able to play games/video/ and music?

EDIT: NVM, i just read it in the article that is it crippled.

Yeah, it is pretty limited. I bet this is what alot of big OCers do when they do a suicide shot and run SuperPI or whatnot. Hmmm.....

ok, for starters, this is getting to be a bit like Slashodot. I posted this yesterday on here cause I thought it was cool. Please do a search before posting this stuff. Saves us from having to read about it again...
You can still surf, and use some programs, but the limts include not being able to log off, which I found a problem. But it's very cool to see system Idle get 100% and stay there for a change...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom