Window Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all is in the cutting of the case. What is your case, aluminum or steel? If it's aluminum, use a Dremel. If it's Steel, use a jiqsaw, and NOT a Dremel. If you use a Dremel on steel it will become all snalred and mangled and look like ass and wont work.

Aluminum...I planned on using a Dremel, so it looks like I'm ahead of the game. =D

How close does the cut hafta be? It'll most likely be as good as it can get, but I'd like to know how much lee-way(sp?) I'll have.

Edit: Oh, and also, would I be able to drill one big hole and 4 screw holes in the acrylic to mount a fan on the side? I don't spend too much time working on acrylic. Mostly been aluminum, steel, and the occasional Lexan for me.

You put the window where you want it, get a pencil, and put a small washer on the end of the pencil (they may supply one the right size) but it is about 0.5cm gap around it you want.

You can, but I don't know how well it would turn out, as you may get a crack in the acylic.

I would suggest you scrape a window kit and simply go to your hardware store and get a sheet of acrylic. You'll have a lot more flexibility as far as the shape and size of the window goes, plus room for error.

It'll also save a couple of bucks. ;)

I cut out a window by doing this:

1) Mark out window
2) Drill hole on the inside of the marked line.
3) Use a metal bladed Jig Saw to cut the metal out.
4) File over the edge with firstly the coarse then fine files.

Your done.

mak said:
Oh, and also, would I be able to drill one big hole and 4 screw holes in the acrylic to mount a fan on the side?

Yes but you have to be careful when doing it,You will want to put some masking tape over the area you want to drill out,Using the tape will save you from scratching the plexi all to hell,You will want to drill it as slow as posible since going faster cause's it to get hotter and might cause melting or warping ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom