recommend a vid card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crysalis

Systems Engineer
hey all... i just have a quickie. I'm not so great with video cards and i know that they are a big topic here, so i'm asking you this.

My mom is a web designer and i recently found out through error that she only has an 8mb ATI rage video card. Ancient. Especially for what work she does. Shes run into some software problems and needs to upgrade her video card... she needs to anyway because its slowing her computer down.

Anyways, i need a recommendation for a card.... ATI, radeon, Nvidia... doesn't matter to me. She needs a good performing card which has the ability for video capture (i think she has the all-in-wonder card now). I was thinking probably 128mb. Now she definitely doesn't need a 6600gt or 6800 or anything like that.... its nothing video intensive that she does. She just needs a good upgrade that meets what she needs. DVI would be nice for her LCD monitor.

Got any suggestions? I'm starting to look right now, but figured i would ask.

She has 1.0ghz processor, 1024gb ram. Thats enough info

no no... all of those are perfect. Now she just has to decide if she wants to capture video or not, because she thinks her laptop does it already.

Thanks guys! you rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom