No Beep, No Post, Monitor Blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobward

Beta member
hey i have a custom computer and when i turn it on then it doesn't go throught "POST" and i here no beep and there is also no display. I read many other furoms and they said to try to take out parts out of the computer to see what the problem is i had my computer down to the mother board and the processer. There still was no beep. If more information is need please ask. I personally think that the prossesor is burnt out. PLEASE HELP

Re: Re: No Beep, No Post, Monitor Blank

LoTeX said:
add some ram and try again.

I kept my gig of ram in and there still weren't any Beeps. Does this conclude that the processer is done?

Re: Re: Re: No Beep, No Post, Monitor Blank

Bobward said:
I kept my gig of ram in and there still weren't any Beeps. Does this conclude that the processer is done?

try clearing your CMOS memory first, usually just a jumper you need to take off. Check your mobo manual to locate the correct pin's.

the computer has started correctly before. it jus that recently it was overheating to i went and boguht a case fan but it kept doing it so then i took off the cpu fan and then all the white goo was melted and there was a blue sticker stopping contact from the CPU to the copper part of the back of the fan. Then I think I put the proesser in wrong with out the fan for 5 seconds and the computer once again shut off bc of over heating. The cpu was hotso i put it next to a fan emidiatly.That is why i think it might be burnt, but there aren't any signs of it being burnt on the bottom side of it.

Bobward said:
the computer has started correctly before. it jus that recently it was overheating to i went and boguht a case fan but it kept doing it so then i took off the cpu fan and then all the white goo was melted and there was a blue sticker stopping contact from the CPU to the copper part of the back of the fan. Then I think I put the proesser in wrong with out the fan for 5 seconds and the computer once again shut off bc of over heating. The cpu was hotso i put it next to a fan emidiatly.That is why i think it might be burnt, but there aren't any signs of it being burnt on the bottom side of it.

When you put the processor in wrong are you sure you didn't bend/break one of the pins?

yup they are fine...... I jus think it got to hot for its good bc i just wasnted to check if thre ere goign to be any beeps really quick so I just put it in really quick with out a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom