Will it be enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

In Runtime
Ok, I was gonna get either the ocz modstream 450w or the ocz powerstream 420w to run my system...which is...

Dfi lanparty ultrad d 939
3200+ venice
Seagate 80gb sata
Corsair 1gb dual channel
Evga 6600 gt
Sony cdrw
sony floppy

I do plan on upgrading in the near future, maybe getting a better Video card, bigger processor, add a few drives....ect. Wich of these psu's will better suite my needs? Or should I upgrade from those 2?

I definately see those units powering your PC, but that's just me thinking out loud. I'm no expert, but I've got the impression 450W will pretty much run any system that's not completely obnoxiously fast

Ryan

450 is fine right now, but the 420 wont be future proof, you will use it up quick. Get the 450, or you can get the OCZ Modstream or Powerstrean 520 for some $100. I have the Modstream 520, nice PSU, and looks sexy as hell.

You will have no problems, and the 7800GTX would even go in their.

Some people think because the 7800GTX is new, that it uses alot of power, this is not the case.

You will have no problems, and the 7800GTX would even go in their.

Some people think because the 7800GTX is new, that it uses alot of power, this is not the case.

DFI highly recommends at least 480W and I would strongly recommend following it. I have this board running on a 520W OCZ modstream and it runs great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom