WMP as a browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMT

In Runtime
Is it possible?!

Does anybody know of any plug-ins to convert Windows Media Player to a web browser as well? I mean, it can display the online shops, etc, so I don't see why it's not possible (or why Microsoft haven't implimented it already).

Thanks!
TMT. :cool:

If they did that, than people woulnt use IE, and they dont want that. WMP only displays the content that MS wants it to display, nothing more. So no, as far as I know, it's not possible.

The browser capabilities that WMP has (the media content it displays) is IE. I don't want a different browser. I just want the convenience of my browser and my media player being as one process. WMP can display pictures, play videos, play music, etc; so if it was able to act as a fully fledged browser as well, it would be quite an application. Real Player is able to do all of this, but I wish to use WMP.

TMT said:
The browser capabilities that WMP has (the media content it displays) is IE. I don't want a different browser. I just want the convenience of my browser and my media player being as one process. WMP can display pictures, play videos, play music, etc; so if it was able to act as a fully fledged browser as well, it would be quite an application. Real Player is able to do all of this, but I wish to use WMP.

And everybody can come in and attack you through real player. it has more hole than swiss cheese

I've just thought of something that may be a little more do-able. Maybe there is a plug-in to intergrate WMP inside IE, rather than a fully-fledge IE inside WMP?

Just an idea. But, it sounds like it's more likely to have been done, or be done. I mean, I know that the media bar (which is WMP) does already exist inside IE. But, it's not a fully-fledge player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom