new comp wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
I just built a new computer and when i first turned it on, all it did was display an intel screen. It says on the screen near the bottom, "BIOS Settings: F2" but when you hit F2 it doesnt go into the bios. Then on one of the reboots it did not turn on at all, the fans would not spin, nothing would happen. I found out that some how it was being grounded by the case. Then i restarted and still got the intel screen and it would hang there. I reset the bios, with the jumper and pulling out the battery. After pulling the battery i got a message saying Bios time/date not correct. I rebooted and was actually able to go into the bios. I set that stuff and then after leaving the bios it restarted and now i am back to just the intel screen with out being able to enter the bios again. Everything on the computer is brand new. Any Ideas?

benzimm86 said:
I just built a new computer and when i first turned it on, all it did was display an intel screen. It says on the screen near the bottom, "BIOS Settings: F2" but when you hit F2 it doesnt go into the bios. Then on one of the reboots it did not turn on at all, the fans would not spin, nothing would happen. I found out that some how it was being grounded by the case. Then i restarted and still got the intel screen and it would hang there. I reset the bios, with the jumper and pulling out the battery. After pulling the battery i got a message saying Bios time/date not correct. I rebooted and was actually able to go into the bios. I set that stuff and then after leaving the bios it restarted and now i am back to just the intel screen with out being able to enter the bios again. Everything on the computer is brand new. Any Ideas?

I have an Intel motherboard and have found that it gets hung on that screen if:

any of your ATA/ATAPI devices are jumpered incorrectly, or the IDE or power cables aren't secure.

I also have a CD and a CD-R on one of my IDE controllers, set as master and slave. The CD-R (slave) went bad and it was getting hung up until I disconnected it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom