do it myself or not!! about laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

atila

Solid State Member
hi!

have a laptop toshiba satelite A40
and i decide to had it a bit of ram - only have 256, today, so i thought to add an other 256 could be a good point to speed it a bit.

i want to buy it on crucial.com but do you think that something easy to install, or should i ask to a It shop to do it for me...

never open the body of my laptop, but, i can try, but i dont want to do something wrong..

thanks

usually you can add SODIMMS to the bottom of the Laptop. There usually is a panel that you unscrew which lets you access usually 1 or 2 SODIMM slots.

Thanks for your answer.

many pannel, with screw....

but i am going to have a look at them. let s get a screw driver first and then!!!

will be back when discover what's in!!

There should be instructions on Toshiba's site. But memory is always the easiest thing to install, once you find the slots.

yea dude go google how to add ram to "ur model pc" i did that when i was a total newbie for a desktop and i found a very good video

Hi there, thanks for the advises.

this morning, so i idid open the laptop, and that was quite easy. so i am going to do it on my own.

i just have to order the memory on crucial.com (great web site)

But, one interrogation? on the user's manual , it is writen:
"turn the computer off in bootmode."

i know what do that mean turn it off, but what is the boot mode?

as well, when i will have put the memory, do the laptop is going to recogize it on his own, or i have to do anything?

sorry for the stupid question!!!

not a stupid question, everyone asks that, just shut it down properly, dont hold int he power button to turn it off, the BIOS should recognize it right away, when you turn it on after isntalling it go into your bios andsee if it recognizes the second sodimm, if you don't know how to do this, watch the screen for "presss *this key* to enter setup" if you still dont know boot into windows, right c lick the my computer icon and click properites, and it should tell you how much total ram you have there, if it hasnt changed then you probably have faulty ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom