Basketball PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
The only sport IÂ’m interested in is mass slam-dunking spam email into the proverbial black hole. IÂ’m sure, however, there are people out there that actually like playing sports. If youÂ’re one such individual, this line of basketball-style PCs from Style Gate may just be for you. They also come in soccer and American football varieties if basketball isnÂ’t your game. PC specs: USB 2.0, Firewire, Ethernet, plus bonus features like S-video out, standard, but due to their dinky size, donÂ’t expect much in terms of expandability. Not that any of this matters to the aficianado who wants to show off his dedication to the sport, computer-style.

There doesnÂ’t seem to be any pricing information on the site, and no word on the release dates, if any.
http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/pcs/basketball-pcs-114709.php

basketball.jpg

That is ridisulously tacky. The article "Slam-dunking mass spam into the proverbial black hole"? I like how he used a horrible analogy in combination with an educated word like 'Proverbial'.

But it's clever, and kinda cool for the sport eficianado. I do have to give them some major points on the originality scale though.

They have computers that are inside model scale cars, and they are actually pretty powerful. Lemme see if I can find the link.

I like the originality of it. :p :p :p

I wonder if they made it bouncable - assuming the heatsink was not heavy, and the harddrive could take it, and it used intergrated graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom