Hardware problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikitaha

Baseband Member
Hi, i'm having a problem. my com has been restarting after a blue screen flashes for like one second. i'm not sure abt the real reason but i've read that maybe my cpu is overheated. but the problem is consistent and i'm sure that my harddisk is not the problem becoz i've juz bought myself a new harddisk... so i'm asking on some advice to help me solve or check the main problem... Thanz alot in advance.

Hello,
Well I am sure the blue screen flashing brings remincent memories to many that may not be related to overheating.
You say the problem is consistent, how is it consistent?
Are you running the same game or appilcation every time you have this problem?
What operating system are you using?
Have you tried taking the cover off of you computer and running it open, in this way maybe you can feel if something is getting very hot.
From the details that you have given it sounds to me like your computer could be crashing, rather than overheating.
The most important question to answer is if there is anything you can do to repeat the crash (you say it is consistent). If you can post that info there is a good chance we can determine what the problem is.

Thanz alot for the quick reply.. i really appreciate it.. .:)

Firstly, the problem is quite consistent as in when i try to use more than 5 hours, it will crash, flashing the blue screen and it will not restart.. den when i try to restart it will crash as soon as i go into the windows.. It's like the time for crashing keeps on getting longer longer until i 'overuse' den the whole process will restart again...

Secondly, my com is running windows xp, 640mb ram, 2.0Ghz.. and yes, i've try opening up the cover but the problem persist and i dun feel anything particularly hot..

Lastly, for more info... this problem happen after i used the com almost continuous in the holiday, switching it on for a day and off for a few hours before starting it up for another full day...

Hope this info helps becoz i really need to help i can get from pros here... Thanz alot in advance...

Hmmmm......could be alot of things. You need to start withe process of elimination initially. Unplug the power from all the drives and pull all your PCI card's. You should now only have the mobo, ram and video card installed. Do you get the initial CMOS boot up with out any problems? Next add the hard drive and see if xp will load without the blue screen. Then continue to add components until the fatal error occurs. You may have a bad memory stick or power supply problem. Does the cpu fan power up? Is the fan running in the Power supply? Have you overclocked memeory, cpu or video card? If all of the components and memory are good you probably will need to save any critical data and then reformat your hard drive and then reinstall windows.

Ok now i've got the problem name...

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

then it proceed on wif all those intructions to remove the newly installed device and den the error msg:

***STOP: 0x00000050 (0xC0ACD71C, 0x00000000, 0x804E70D5, 0x00000002)

Hope someone can help me out wif this... Thanz alot..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom