LCD screen DVI and Analog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here's the update. The same thing happened on video. Now I do have a question. Could it be other factors? Is the video card Nvidia Geforce 5500fx capable of playing smooth dvd video? Maybe another factor. How about a bios setting or motherboard I am using? I have a shuttle AV49PN with a Celeron Northwood Processor 2.4GHZ. Still I have seen lesser models play simple DVD video with no color problems. Any ideas? I think I have come to the conclusion that it is the monitor. Well if that is the case, what do you guys suggest? Should I try to replace the same thing with the same thing or get something new? If something new than what should I get? I need a silver LCD 19" Screen with no ghosting and can play dvd movies. All suggestions welcome. Thanks so far for all the help guys. I really love this forum and appreciate everyones feedback. By the way and no I am not advertising to make a buck, but I have a great deal going on now for anyone interested in Binocular/digital camera combo. They resell for 199 and I found a whole bunch of them that I am selling dirt cheap. I am only telling you guys this because I love this forum. I know I will have the common response of oh this guy is slumming for dollars, but I am honestly doing this because I know its a good deal and I love this forum and the people in it. Look at my number of posts and you know that I am a regular. Well the main issue of this post is the lcd so I will need some feedback. thanks to all so far who have contributed to this great post and I am thinking of relabling this to LCD Hyundai L90D+

~RoniN~

Its probably not your video card, its the monitor causing the poor movie playback. That monitor you bought is a gaming monitor. There are monitors that play movies well if thats what you mainly wanted. Tn vs Va is basically different types of panels. Tn's until recently have been the quickest for games, but weaker in all other areas: (less color.16.2 vs 16.7 M, lower viewing angles, worse movie playback etc.) This article will better explain:

http://www.behardware.com/articles/563-4/viewsonic-vp191b-mva-8-ms-tn-monitor-killer.html

Esp:" a TN isnÂ’t a real 16.7 million colors monitor. All of them use dithering and "only" displays 16.2 millions of colors. The result in movies is a rather strong twinkling effect."

http://www.dvhardware.net/review/9279

Heres a review on the L90D+:

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050215/lcd-05.html

Well after reading that articel. I got the impression that they were able to get some quality out of video. He mentioned that while it was suited for games he thought it was not that great for dvd's. But, he did mention at certain angles. Whcich makes me believe that the movies were "qatchable" However no matter what "angle" you view my video at on this lcd screen it is absolutely not anywhere near close to anything resembling normal viewing. The colors are way off. ANd as your reference too twinkling effect its more like w hite out. What do you think should I try to get a replacement of the same LCD or go for something completely new? If something new what do you think about this:

Samsung SyncMaster 193p

Noticed that the colors are at 16.7 and response time of 8ms. What do you think? An extra $200.00 though. I would be willing to get it if better quality. Remember I need silver. I need a monitor both good for gaming and movies!

i think the 193p is 20ms, no good for gaming. The 193p+ is 8ms but got a bad review for games. Trust me on this, I researched for weeks. This is the best LCD on the market within reasonable cost. Its actually a really good price for what you get compared to the others:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116277

They used to have a silver in the older version. You may want to e-mail Viewsonic and see if they are coming out with it again : VP191S. 8ms.

Who did you buy the Hyundai from? Whats the return policy? Definatley try to return it if your not happy. You may want to try that monitor on another computer and play a movie just to make sure.

Yeah whats up with that? Should I try to get replacement?
He said movie view was great... Hmmm... I noticed while playing the movie directly from the dvd drive with the power dvd program that the info displayed mpeg2? Shouldn't it be higher than that?
I also tried to play the dvd in Windows Media PLayer. Same thing. Funky Colors. So maybe its the optical drive? Here are the specs on it. I only have one drive. Its a cdrw/dvd drive:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827106826

Hey super techie, I appreciate all the help buddy. I'll remember that. If you ever need anything tell me I might be able to get it to you cheap. I am a computer vendor.

Your very welcome for the help. Im no expert but just know a bit about LCDs cause I researched the shit out of them before buying one. I appreciate the offer.

#1) Try your monitor on another computer and check the video quality. That will eliminate your drive, card etc of being the problem.

#2) Return the LCD and get another of the same.

#3) Return and upgrade to a VA panel like I mentioned before.

Also: Have you tried different movies? I would definatley do that...or u can download a movie off the internet and that will eliminate your drive...

I use windows media player 10.

Have u done any adjustment to the transfer rate? (Not sure if transfer rate is the proper english word for it)

I think it shud be 75Hz. Atleast thats what my samsung is best on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom